- About me
I am a partner and Head of our Family Law Department. I have advised in cases ranging from modest assets to over £100 million. My practice covers family law work including financial arrangements on divorce, Collaborative Law to help reach amicable solutions, and prenuptial agreements.
I am based in Harpenden and manage our diverse team of family lawyers across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. Our team delivers expert advice and assistance to clients going through divorce, separation or child law issues.
I am fortunate to have the support of an excellent team. Amongst the partners we share ideas, case law developments, and strategies. I include junior lawyers on my larger cases so the clients have the extra level of service.
My experience of over 20 years enables me to give my clients the insights they need to make the right decisions at a difficult time in their lives.
I promote a non-confrontational approach wherever possible, keeping the focus on the needs of any children.
I joined Taylor Walton in 2010.
- I successfully helped protect children from being abducted abroad, reuniting them with their father.
- I secured a fair share of the marital wealth for a husband who was the victim of domestic abuse.
- Many of my cases also involve helping wives and mothers protect their children and make their financial claims.
- Presently I am seeing a surge in instructions for prenuptial agreements, which are becoming increasingly popular.
- Degree in Social Science and Law CPE from the College of Law London
- Qualified in Collaborative Law CPE
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Ben Twitchen supported and advised me in my divorce proceedings. His advice was well considered and clearly on back of some seriously good experience. I think this helped me avoid many pitfalls such as needless aggro and expense. Highly recommend Ben if you are unfortunate enough to need a divorce lawyer. 5* Google
Ben Twitchen is very experienced and pragmatic. I’ve appreciated his coaching and the way he structures our approach. Legal 500, 2024
Ben Twitchen’s posts
Request a call back
We’ll arrange a no-obligation call back at a time to suit you.