- About me
I am a Solicitor in our Commercial Property Department, based in St Albans. I act on a range of matters including buying, selling, or leasing commercial property, as well as residential lease extension and enfranchisement matters.
To ensure my clients decide on the best course of action, I like to take my time to set out detailed advice. I always take the opportunity to provide relevant commercial advice to clients with a view to achieving the best result for my client’s business.
My experience includes but is not limited to; acting for landlords and tenants on residential lease extension matters, including statutory lease extensions pursuant to the Leasehold Reform and Urban Development Act 1993. As well as acting for several tenant clients on the grant of a lease of a commercial warehouse unit, which includes advising them on tricky issues such as latent defects and fitting out works.
Furthermore, I have also advised clients on property dispute matters, including disputes about service charge and easements. Whilst I am not a litigation expert I can provide parties with initial advice which they can use to try and resolve property disputes before they escalate into expensive and time-consuming legal claims.
I believe communication is vitally important, therefore keeping my clients informed of their matter throughout the process is paramount. I described as level-headed and composed when under pressure which I feel is important when matters become difficult.
I joined Taylor Walton in 2019.
- I recently acted for a tenant client on a dilapidations settlement of almost £250,000 which was to settle their repair obligations under their lease when they exercised their break of a warehouse unit.
- I recently acted for a client on a first registration matter where I had to not only register the commercial Property but also demonstrate to the Land Registry that part of my client’s Property had been incorrectly registered as part of a neighbouring title.
- I recently acted for a client on the purchase of a freehold estate and then I acted for the client to draft a new form of residential Lease to offer to each of the tenants on the estate.
- BA from Lancaster University
- Graduate Diploma in Law from the University of Law
- Legal Practice Course from the University of Law
Howard Byers’ posts
Request a call back
We’ll arrange a no-obligation call back at a time to suit you.