- About me
I am a solicitor working in a hybrid role across our Commercial Property and Commercial (Property) Litigation departments. I completed my training contract with Taylor Walton and qualified in March 2023.
I deal with transactional, contentious and non-contentious Commercial Property matters, which places me in a unique position to advise clients whose property matters overlap in the remit of the transactional and litigation departments.
On the transactional side I have experience dealing with property acquisitions and disposals as well as landlord and tenant matters. I have a particular interest in 1954 Act lease renewals and general commercial landlord and tenant work.
I understand the commercial needs of clients and endeavour to build a good rapport with clients through my personable and proactive approach.
I offer practical and straightforward advice and I can adapt my advice quickly to changing circumstances and will go above and beyond for my clients.
Commercial Property Litigation
With regards to litigation I have experience in a range of contentious issues including: lease renewals, deferral agreements, possession/forfeiture claims, and rent arrears for a range of commercial clients including, a charity, private individuals, limited companies and PLCs. I also continue to build upon my experience with dilapidations claims.
My transactional experience enables me to give pragmatic commercial advice in contentious and non-contentious matters.
I continue to build on my litigation experience gained as a Trainee and at every stage of a matter I assess the merits of a case from initial instruction to conclusion.
I work closely with clients and junior Counsel to reach a common goal for the client in a variety of property matters.
I am also a member of the Property Litigation Association, an organisation specialised in all aspects of commercial, residential and agricultural property litigation.
I joined Taylor Walton in 2020.
My experience includes:
• Acting for Landlords and Tenants of retail premises in contested lease renewals on ground (f), from commencing proceedings through to preparing for a hearing in the County Court.
• Acting for Landlord and Tenants in lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 from initial instruction, to service of notices, negotiating Deferral Agreements, commencing proceedings (where required) through to Directions.
• Advising clients on their options for recovering commercial rent arrears and taking back possession when required.
• Advising on a boundary dispute and carrying out title investigations and making necessary enquiries with HMLR.
• Drafting leases of varying complexity for Landlords and reviewing/negotiating leases for Tenants whilst advising on the commercial merits.
- LLB University of Hull
- LPC and LLM – BPP Law School, Master of Laws
Isabella Mason’s posts
Request a call back
We’ll arrange a no-obligation call back at a time to suit you.