- About me
I am a Partner in our Commercial Real Estate Department, based in Luton. I advise on all aspects of Commercial Property law but take a special interest in small to medium sized developers and registered charities.
As well as dealing with property development matters, I also deal with property management work on behalf of a national children’s charity which involves drafting, negotiating and completing agreements and leases of retail shops, warehouses and office premises.
Over the years I have also worked with clients on matters such as land promotion agreements involving green belt land and for retailers in negotiating leases, licences and other leasehold management documents. I also advised a London based printing company on a 1954 Act lease renewal including a claim by the landlord for backdated rent in respect of a lease for land adjoining the warehouse unit.
I work very closely with clients in negotiating transactional documents with regular catch up calls and teams meets, effective communication. Understanding the client’s business needs and having an appreciation of my client’s medium and long term implications of any business proposal is key to providing pragmatic and business minded advice.
I have developed particular expertise in corporate share disposals involving both leasehold and freehold properties.
I joined Taylor Walton in 2015.
- Acting on the acquisition of a site for £2m and post-acquisition advising client on redevelopment of the site for residential development.
- Acting for national house builder in connection with the option to purchase land for the sum of £3.5m.
- Acting for a purchaser in connection with acquisition of site for residential development which involved contract conditional on planning, satisfactory site investigation and acquisition of necessary easements to gain access into the site.
- Acting for promoter in relation to securing outline planning permission for a site and subsequent sale to a national house builder. Work involved negotiating sale agreement, transfer and overage deed.
- Degree from Kings College, University of London
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Julma Begum has been very efficient and proactive in several property transactions. I would be happy to recommend her to other developers. – Legal 500, 2024
Request a call back
We’ll arrange a no-obligation call back at a time to suit you.