- About me
I am an Associate Solicitor in the Corporate & Commercial Department. I have built up a strong client base advising on a diverse range of matters.
I have regular involvement in M&A deals, with experience on both the buy & sell sides.
I have also advised on company structure/ reorganisations – including: investment rounds; share buybacks; share exchanges; voluntary strike-offs; issuance of shares.
My experience extends to general company secretarial, which includes: overseeing AGM preparation; dealing with day-to-day company secretarial matters; maintaining statutory books; dealing with Companies House filings.
I advise on various commercial matters comprising of supply of goods/ services agreements; distribution agreement; general terms & conditions.
Having worked with directors, shareholders and investors in a wide variety of sectors, I provide a pragmatic, proactive and personable approach for, and on behalf of, my clients to ensure their expectations are met.
I completed my training contract with Taylor Walton, and qualified in 2019.
- General company secretarial work including general day to day secretarial work; preparation of notices for annual general meetings and various other meetings; Companies House filings.
- Group re-organisation by way of share for share exchange between the existing shareholders of the trading company and the newly incorporated holding company to create a group structure – enabling certain assets and liabilities to be ring-fenced. This group re-organisation also included two shareholders exiting the group structure.
- Leading a team on an asset purchase deal, including: raising appropriate legal due diligence enquiries; preparing and negotiating the purchase agreement; and overseeing the teams deal with the employment and property aspects.
- Assisting a company with multiple investment rounds, including preparation of a shareholders agreement setting out the rights of the founders/ new investors/ existing shareholders; issuance of new shares; issuance of convertible loan notes; preparation of the ancillary corporate documents and dealing with the post-completion matters.
- LLB from the University of Birmingham
- LPC from the University of Law
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Toby was fantastic throughout, helping guide me through the steps and keeping on top of all matters. Thank you. – Client Review
Toby Walker’s posts
Request a call back
We’ll arrange a no-obligation call back at a time to suit you.