- About me
I am an Associate Solicitor in our Commercial Litigation department. I act for both claimants and defendants on a variety of high-value commercial disputes including contract, director and shareholder, contentious probate, trust and co-ownership of property matters (TOLATA). I also undertake work in professional negligence, partnership disputes and debt and insolvency. My practice has a particular focus on contentious probate, trust disputes, and TOLATA claims.
With over 10 years of experience, I have conducted litigation in the High Court, County Court, Bankruptcy Court and First-tier Property Tribunal, and I undertake my own advocacy where appropriate.
I am also well-versed in alternative dispute resolution, having held multiple mediations and joint settlement meetings for my clients.
My clients range from private individuals to body corporates, including companies and trustees.
I know that litigation and dispute resolution is stressful and daunting. I support my clients from beginning to end, giving them clear and concise practical advice, whilst advocating and representing their interests. I am proud that my clients trust that I always strive to get the best possible outcome for them.
Having worked as a paralegal and trained at a boutique litigation firm in the City, I qualified in Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution in 2014. Since then, I have worked in the Home Counties and joined Taylor Walton in 2020.
I am also recognised as an Associate and key lawyer in the Legal 500 for 2023 and 2024.
- Acting for one of two brothers in a litigated contentious probate claim, which concluded in settlement.
- Acting for trustees and executors for breach of duty claims brought against them, which was settled in a mediation.
- Acting for an individual pursing a professional negligence claim against their former solicitor.
- Advising a company on their contractual claims against one of their suppliers.
- Acting for a co-owner of a property in bringing proceedings against the other owner for an order for sale.
- Acting for an international company to defend claims brought against it for unjust enrichment and breach of contract.
- LLB from Keele University
- LPC from the College of Law London
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Katarina Morgan is the stand out up and coming solicitor. She gives clients excellent well rounded advice that is commercially well thought out. – Legal 500, 2024
Katarina Morgan and James Carpenter lead the team well. Their briefs to counsel are always comprehensive and client feedback on efficiency is good. Their written work such as applications and supporting statements is always high quality. – Legal 500, 2022
Request a call back
We’ll arrange a no-obligation call back at a time to suit you.